Preparing for a furnace inspection can seem daunting, but it’s essential to know how to make the most of the technician’s visit. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your furnace is in good working order and catch any potential problems before they turn into huge issues. If you’re looking for a heating inspection and have questions about your furnace in Alpharetta, GA, contact Staton Heating & Air. We’re here for you!
- Cleaning the Outside of Your Furnace: While having a heating inspection, ensure the outside of your furnace is free from debris. This includes removing any leaves or other debris that may be blocking vents or access points.
- Replacing Air Filters: If the filter on your furnace hasn’t been changed in the past few months, it should be replaced during the heating inspection in Alpharetta, GA. A dirty air filter can cause problems for your system and shorten its lifespan by years.
- Checking Connections/Wiring: It is also a good idea to check all electrical connections and wiring during a heating maintenance visit in Alpharetta, GA. Ensure all wires are securely connected and none have become loose over time.
- Testing Safety Switches: Every furnace has safety switches that need to be tested. Most heating technicians will check these for you, but it is a good idea to make sure they are working properly before the technician arrives.
- Plan for Furry Friends: If you have pets, make sure to have a plan for them so they’re not disruptive. The AC repair technician will need to access many areas of the house—both inside and out. Even the friendliest pets can get in the way and cause accidents, so it’s best to think ahead of time to keep them safe and out of the way.
- Stay Home at the Scheduled Time: If possible, stay home during the heating inspection. This allows you to ask questions and address any concerns that may come up during the appointment. Plus, our technician can give you tips on how to get the most out of your furnace.
- Get the Quotation: Before you Schedule the Heating Inspection, it is essential to ask for an estimate. This will help you determine the best way to proceed and assure the technician’s fee falls within your budget.
These are just a few things you can do to get ready for heating service. For more tips on preparing for a furnace inspection, call us at (770) 872-6381.
Schedule The Furnace Inspection With The Reliable HVAC Company
Since 1972, Staton Heating & Air is your trusted HVAC company for heating and cooling services in Alpharetta, GA. Our experienced technicians can perform heating maintenance, repair, and inspection. We use advanced technology and safety protocols to ensure that the job is done right the first time. Book an appointment today!