Finding a reset button on an air conditioner might be difficult, especially when it is done so infrequently that it is difficult to remember! If you had a recent power loss, such as a brownout, turn on a light to ensure you have full power before restarting your device.
This is a crucial step before restarting your air conditioner. You won’t know if the air conditioner needs to be reset if it doesn’t have full power, to begin with. It is also important to understand if your HVAC system requires a reset or AC replacement in Suwanee.
Why Should You Reset Your Air Conditioner?
These power interruptions, whether blackouts or brownouts, may cause your unit to have cooling issues until it is reset.
- The thermostat in your home is malfunctioning
Step-by-Step guide for turning off the air conditioner using the Reset button
1. First, you have to locate the reset button. One can be found on almost every unit. It’s usually little and bright red. If you can’t find it, check the manual for your air conditioner to discover where the button is placed.
2. Unplug your machine for at least 15 seconds before plugging it back in.
3. Next, press and hold the reset button for three seconds before releasing it. If the unit does not turn on, repeat the procedure.
4. If it doesn’t work, look for your circuit breaker panel and try turning the one connected to the air conditioner. By this time, your device is likely to have turned on.
How To Reset The System Manually Without The Reset Button
1. To begin, locate and turn off the power switch near your outside compressor unit.
2. The 240-volt circuit must be located next. This can be found within your home’s main electrical panel. Turn the power off of this circuit.
3. Unplug your unit from the power supply board only to be sure it’s completely powerless.
4. Leave the unit unplugged and switched off for at least 20–30 minutes to allow the charge to dissipate.
5. After you’ve waited, make sure your unit is set to “cool” and plug it back in.
6. Reconnect the 240-volt circuit, as well as the power shutoff near the compressor outside. Because you’re working backwards from how you switched it off the first time, it’s critical to follow this order.
Looking for HVAC Repair in Suwanee or surrounding areas? We can help you save money on your new air conditioner through our services in AC Replacement in Suwanee. To get the best AC services call us at (770) 667-3992