Parts of the furnace are prone to wear and tear that even regular maintenance may not avoid as the system ages. After all, it’s one of the most used objects at home in winter, and when the weather becomes colder, you rely on it even more!
You will be more comfortable, the air in your home will be cleaner, you will help your system last longer, and you will save money when your furnace performance is ideal. If you want to avoid emergency heating repair Alpharetta, keep reading.
Essential Tips for Furnace Maintenance:
Regular maintenance of your heating system will guarantee that it is never out of order when you need it the most. Here is a list of the tips required to avoid emergency heating service Alpharetta.
Maintaining clean ducts, vents, and filters.
- Proper ventilation is essential when it comes to heat transmission. Cleaning your vents should be done at least twice a year.
- Cleaning your ducts and vents is time-consuming and should be done by professionals like emergency heating repair Alpharetta.
- Air filters are an aspect of good HVAC filtration and efficiency, the cornerstone of indoor air quality.
- Filters should be replaced once in 3 to 4 months. Some filters must be cleaned every month, while others can go up to six months without needing to be replaced.
- The more people and animals you have in your home, the more frequently you’ll need to change your air filters.
Cleaning the Heat Exchanger
- The heat exchanger on your furnace is an essential component since it warms the air that is utilized to create heat for your house.
- Consider cleaning it at least once a year to eliminate dust and dirt, this will ensure good operation.
- Carbon monoxide leaks might be dangerous if your furnace’s heat exchanger is damaged.
Check Your Thermostat
- Consider installing a smart thermostat for the smooth functioning of your furnace.
- Check your thermostat and ensure it’s set at the correct temperature.
- As irritating as carbon monoxide and smoke detectors might be with their constant beeping, they do so for a reason: their batteries are running low and need to be replaced.
- So, replace the batteries to safeguard yourself, your house, and your family.
Exterior System Cleaning
- Clear the area of any branches or twigs, and cut back all plants and bushes by at least two meters to ensure the device is on a smooth, level surface.
- It would be better to unplug the system first and then use a wet/dry vacuum to clean the dirt and debris.
- Every year furnace maintenance should be done in the fall. Frequent maintenance can help you avoid up to 95% of all HVAC breakdowns.
- This routine tune-up will also maintain your system working at peak efficiency for maximum interior comfort, as well as saving you up to 40% on energy expenditures.
Our skilled experts provide a unique blend of expertise and client service for every heating service Alpharetta at Staton Heating and Air INC. We can develop and implement heating and conditioning systems that match your every demand, from commercial to domestic. Just call us at 770-872-6381 or send an email here.