Knowing how to clean your ac unit filter is essential to your routine maintenance. How you handle this phase has a significant impact on whether or not your HVAC systems work effectively.
We’ll go through all elements of filter cleaning. It contains the processes necessary and how frequently you should go about doing this.
Turn Off The AC Unit
- The first step in deciding how to clean an AC filter is to switch off your air conditioner. If you leave it on while cleaning the filter, unfiltered air will flow throughout your home.
- Turn off your air conditioning system.
- To open the device and remove the filter, use a screwdriver.
- Because some units have several vents, make sure you examine the team’s inside to ensure you removed all filters.
- Examine the filter now.
Vacuum The Filter
- It’s time to clean if there’s any buildup of dust.
- If your central air filter displays no evidence of dirt accumulation, you may remove any debris with your vacuum cleaner’s hose attachment or a handheld vacuum.
- If the vacuum nozzle does not remove the buildup, it must be washed.
Wash The Filter
- Fill a sink with one part water and one part white vinegar, then immerse your HVAC filter in the solution for one hour.
- Rinse it with clean water and allow it to dry entirely before restoring it to your AC unit.
- If the filter is too large to fit in your sink, you may alternatively wash it outside with a garden hose. Do not use a pressured setting on your hose to avoid damaging the filter.
Replace The Filter
Filters wear out or become damaged, so ac repair in Duluth is necessary. It’s time to change your air filter if it displays symptoms of wear, such as rips, holes, or heavy filth. Carefully check the box to determine how long the manufacturer guaranteed its efficacy. Make a note in your calendar to replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Cleaning Tips For Air Conditioner Filters
When cleaning ac unit filters, there are very few things to keep in mind. Here are a few simple guidelines to remember while learning how to clean ac unit filters:
- For maximum efficiency, clean your AC filter once a month. If possible, avoid doing this before 100-degree summertime or below-freezing winter days come. When removing an air filter to be washed, let it air dry for around 20-30 minutes before reinstalling. It will assist you in avoiding mold problems.
By following the above steps, your problem must be solved. If not, try to contact the ac contractor at Duluth.
Learning how to clean an AC filter will help you save energy while reducing your air conditioner’s burden. We have the instruments to assist you clean air conditioner filters with a vacuum or water. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Contact us today and get the best services at affordable rates.