You may need to reset your air conditioning equipment for various reasons. For example, if there is a power loss, your air conditioner may not turn back on when the electricity is restored. It might be due to the protective circuit breaker integrated into most AC units to aid in the prevention of fires. Here’s how to restart your air conditioner without taking help from an ac contractor in Duluth.
What is the purpose of resetting my air conditioner?
The most typical reason for an AC unit requiring a reset is when the AC unit’s protective circuit breaker trips.
- A reset can also fix an air conditioner that only produces warm air even when the thermostat is set to “cold.”
- There can be a few possibilities for why your air conditioner is spewing warm air, but one is an essential thermostat malfunction.
- A hard reset of your air conditioner will sometimes cure the problem.
- Before attempting to reset your air conditioner, please review your warranty requirements.
- Follow the easy instructions below if you are familiar with your AC unit and feel comfortable moving further.
- Even though resetting an air conditioner is an easy task, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you are uncertain or uncomfortable.
Look for the Reset Button
The most obvious first step is to press the reset button. This function is available on the majority of current air conditioning units. It’s generally a little button with a red border. If the switch isn’t immediately apparent, consult your owner’s handbook to locate it.
Disconnect the Power Supply
Please disconnect the power cable from the wall for at least 10 seconds before reconnecting it. You may then restart the air conditioner by pressing the reset button. It would be best to hold down the reset button for a short period before releasing it. Hold it down for at least three seconds to be safe.
Disconnect your AC unit’s power cable from the wall for at least 10 seconds before reconnecting it. Then press the reset button to restart the air conditioner. You need to hold down the reset button for a few seconds before releasing it. To be secure, hold it down for at least three seconds.
If none of these measures work, our skilled HVAC specialists at Staton Heating and Air may take a look.
We’ve been providing inexpensive and effective ac maintenance in Duluth and its surrounding areas for over 50 years. Our professionals handle indoor air quality and a variety of heating and cooling installation, repair, and maintenance services.
To schedule an appointment for ac installation in Duluth, give us a call or visit our website to contact us.